What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Generating top (n) traffic in/traffic out sensors report

Votes:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can I generate a report for the top n traffic in/traffic out sensors? if this requires modification to default report, I can do that.

Thank you

report top traffic

Created on Dec 22, 2010 9:25:47 AM

13 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

there is actually already a default report: Top 100 Most/Least Used Bandwidth Sensors. Isn't this what you want?

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 22, 2010 4:40:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

As I remember, that report is based on the average of combined traffic (both in & out), what I'm looking for would be (i.e. Top 20 sensors Traffic-in, Top 20 sensors Traffic-out), each one separated from the other. this would help me gauge BW required for incoming & outgoing traffic, hence better manage my links...

Thank you

Created on Dec 22, 2010 4:56:59 PM

Votes:

This would actually require adding all the bandwidth sensors yourself for two reports and then selecting all Traffic In-Channels in one report and the Traffic Out-Channel in the other. I'm afraid this can't be handled in the report templates.

Created on Dec 22, 2010 5:20:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I understand, I have to do some manual work outside PRTG, but how to generate a report that includes sensor name Vs Traffic-in & Traffic out columns.

I was able to generate a table per sensor, which is not good, I need to process +70 sensors manually each in its own table, if I can get on table that looks similar to this:

header (Traffic in Max, Traffic in Min, Traffic in Avg, Traffic out Max, Traffic Out Min, Traffic Out Avg)

for the first columns sensors monitored, then I can sort it by any of the columns and submit my reports.

I forgot to mention that all these sensors are SNMP Traffic sensors.

Thank you

Created on Dec 23, 2010 11:41:46 AM

Votes:

Hello,

for modifying PRTGs report templates, please have a look at the following article: https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/263-how-do-i-modify-prtg-s-report-templates

Please understand that we cannot support/guide every of our over 150,000 users of PRTG with each of the countless customization wishes and requests.

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 1:00:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Im trying to do the same thing... have you gotten anywhere with this?

Created on Jul 20, 2011 7:16:50 PM

Votes:

I am having the same challenge here. We are monitoring around 7'000 switchports. We need to be able to quickly identify switchports which are operating at their capacity limits. Total traffic does not help. Traffic In and Traffic Out are the important figures to monitor for a switch port capacity limit. Pls give us a TOP list capability for these figures in the next release !

Thank you

Created on Jan 24, 2012 9:25:53 AM

Votes:

Any updates to this requirement. I have created a report with a list of top X Traffic Average. But the proble is: no top X of IN or top X of OUT Traffic.

And I did not found any possiblity to create the graphs just from the top X Sensors. I have always a table of top X and all Graphs for all Traffic sensor in my Report. Is there any possibility of having a Table of Top X Traffic Sensor and the graphs for top X (same as in table) traffic sensors?

Created on Jun 2, 2017 7:52:28 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no such possibility at the moment. You are only able to see the round circle graphs in the toplists tables. Sorry for that. We might change this in the future but not at the moment.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 5, 2017 11:34:56 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has anything changed in the meantime?

I also searched for a list with all available columns for reports. Is a list available?

Created on Sep 13, 2018 12:07:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Tobi,

Could elaborate that a bit further? What information are you missing in your report?

Best regards.

Created on Sep 14, 2018 12:44:33 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I search for max. traffic inbound and max. traffic outbound.

Best regards

Created on Oct 17, 2018 6:59:00 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

You can usually see the "Max" and "Min" value within the Graph that is generated. There should be two points that indicate both.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 17, 2018 7:03:06 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.