What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco EIGRP MIB

Votes:

I'm using the MIB Importer to import the EIGRP MIB from Cisco, so I can monitor EIGRP with PRTG. The problem I'm having is when I add the MIB file (along with any dependencies from Cisco) I only see cEigrp Traff Stats (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449.1.1.1.1.2), and cEigrp VPN (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449.1.1.1.1.1). I should see a whole lot more than that. What I need is cEigrpUpTimeString (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449.1.4.1.1.6) but it doesn't show under CISCO-EIGRP-MIB on the left side on the MIB Importer.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

cisco eigrp mib mib-importer snmp

Created on Mar 14, 2011 9:13:42 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried adding this OID as a SNMP String sensor? String and trap OIDs are not imported using the MIB Importer, seeing as they are not part of the OIDs that can be monitored using Custom SNMP sensors.

Created on Mar 15, 2011 3:38:15 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

this should become baseline in PRTG product, solarwinds and other competing products has it. should be easy to add eigrp, monitor the protocol, see if topology/peers changes, etc.

Created on Sep 7, 2016 9:50:02 PM

Votes:

Dear googol

With PRTG 16.2.24, we offered new sensors and a completely new feature, the System Information for Windows devices. 16.3.25 was a release with improvements mostly under the hood, new features will be available with the upcoming 16.3.26 and we are already working on the 16.3.27 branch.

I agree, there is still a lot to do for us, including supporting more devices with even more detailed metrics. This takes time, though. We organize the feedback of PRTG users to make informed decisions about our next features and we are glad that PRTG users speak their mind.

Created on Sep 9, 2016 1:58:49 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.