What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Drop Down list box does not display the entire notification list

Votes:

When I set up a new notification on a sensor Channel and click the "On Notification" drop down I see the entire name of the Notifications. As an example I see "Email to all members of group PRTG Users Group" because the text display become wider than the original drop down box. Other users in my group do not see all of the text because the drop down box does not get wider after it is clicked. Is there a setting that would allow this functionality for the other users? Or is the functionality difference based on the browser? I use IE9 and the others use IE8.

Thanks for any help.

notifications text-display user-interface

Created on Jun 1, 2011 2:19:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

This is almost certainly due to browser differences between IE8 and IE9. Furthermore, as a general rule we recommend using Firefox or Chrome as browser for PRTG's HTML inferface.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on Jun 2, 2011 9:26:22 AM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.