What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG network monitor no configuration

Votes:

I have the following error in the web browser IE V8, while trying to access Network monitor default browser

"PRTG Network Monitor 7.3.4.5710 The server was stopped:

System Emergency. The system was halted, because of the following: No configuration file found, but monitoring data for an unknown configuration exists!"

This happened after my machine crashed during a file import from PRTG version 6.2. PRTG Ver 6.2 is on the same machines and is still working fine.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing with no success.

Running on windows XP pro all updates installed, the machine also has whats up gold V14.2.1 installed.

prtg prtg-network-monitor-8-x prtg6

Created on Jul 13, 2011 3:15:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hallo,

to start fron scratch, stop all PRTG services, delete all content in the V7 folder

XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\ Vista/2008: C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\

then restart the services. All necessary files and an empty configuration will get created

Created on Jul 14, 2011 7:46:41 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.