What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where do I find my Google Analytics profile ID?

Votes:

I want to use the Google Analytics sensor of PRTG. How do I determine my "Profile ID"?

analytics google google-analytics help profile prtg

Created on May 3, 2012 3:05:06 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on May 3, 2012 3:15:45 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Determine your Google Analytics Profile ID

If you don't know your profile ID, please open the Google Analytics website, login, and select the website you want to monitor with PRTG.

In your web browser's URL field you will see content similar to this:

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/#report/visitors-overview/a5559982w55599512p12345678

Please note the structure at the end of the URL:

/a[6 digits]w[8 digits]p[8 digits]

The 8 digits that follow the "p" are your profile ID. In the example above, this would be 12345678.

Note: To use the Google Analytics sensor, you have to enable Access for less secure apps in section Account permissions on https://www.google.com/settings/security
Otherwise, you might get the error message "The remote server returned an error. (403) Forbidden."

See Also

Created on May 3, 2012 3:06:48 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Sep 26, 2014 11:11:07 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PTF.GAMetrics

PTF.GAMetrics is a tool that can be used to determine your Google Analytics ID and build a list of metrics for your Google Analytics sensor.

Enter your Google Email and Password, press the "Get ID's" button and all your Google Analytics ID's, together with there, name will be listed.

In the "Metrics" section, you can simply select the metrics you want to use and paste the generated string into the sensors metrics section.

GAMetrics tool

GAMetrics can be downloaded here.

Created on May 4, 2012 1:18:19 PM

Votes:

Did the format of the profile id change?

Created on Dec 13, 2014 5:21:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.