What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

64 bit download

Votes:

I'm migrating servers from 32 bit OS to 64 bit Windows 2012 and would like to run the 64 bit version of PRTG.

Where can I download the latest version of PRTG Network monitor 64 bit version?

I log into my online account and there's only one download option.

64bit download installation

Created on Dec 19, 2012 5:27:50 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

there is no different 64bit or 32bit download. This is actually one download and upon installation either the 64bit or 32bit executables are installed (64bit if a 64bit Windows is detected and 6GB RAM or more).

best regards.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 5:30:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

During the installation it defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor.

This would indicate to me that it's installing as a 32bit application. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Thanks, Todd

Created on Dec 19, 2012 6:06:13 PM

Votes:

No, you would either need to check the Taskmanager to see if its an x86 executable, or check the version number on the footer of the page of the PRTG webinterface if there is an x64 behind the version number, the core runs in 64bit.

Created on Dec 19, 2012 6:56:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If you check /status.htm it will list the version information similar to below. Software Version and Server Information PRTG Version PRTG Network Monitor 12.4.7.3475 x64

Created on Dec 19, 2012 7:09:23 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.