What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with Notification - Execute Program

Votes:

I`m trying to run my .ps1 file. I`ve read already related my problem. but still don`t work now. here is what I setting, { .PRTG Core Server Service is start in my Service(windows) .Use default admin account and created account(admin) .test.ps1 file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Notifications\EXE" .If I click test button in Notification Menu, Log is ok }

I think every setting is OK but don`t working. Why?????? It`s driving me crazy, please help me.

Even Simple Script like below does`n work. Example) test.ps1 <- (Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted)

execute-program notifications powershell ps1 script

Created on May 10, 2013 7:43:00 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Are you receiving any error from PRTG about this?

Also, did you make sure to set the execution policy of the Powershell x86 ? PRTG only uses Powershell x86 when running PS scripts.

Created on May 10, 2013 11:43:17 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.