What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

volume trigger : specific time period

Votes:

I'd like to know if it is possible to set a volume trigger for a specific time period on a router's internet interface. (is there a plug-in or third-party plug-in available?) I know I can create a volume trigger which sends out a notification when a certain treshold is reached on a per month basis but it does not appear to be very granular.

What we'd like is a volume trigger -that starts the volume count on the first of the month- that sends a notification when a certain treshold is reached (3Tb) within that specific month. Even when the treshold is not reached it should then reset itself to zero again on the first day of the following month.

Thanks in advance,

Eth1

notifications prtg trigger volume

Created on Jun 7, 2013 4:02:56 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello, this is exactly what the volume trigger does. It counts from the first of the month to the first of the next month if you use "per month". The "per week" setting starts on Sunday (Sunday included) and the "per hour" and "per minute" should need no explanation.

regards

Created on Jun 7, 2013 12:34:52 PM by  Tobias Lange [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for that. That's what we're looking for.

Created on Jun 13, 2013 1:36:25 AM

Votes:

If I need change the period time?

example: i need count from the first where the first day of the month is 7, and i need set notification 2tb from 7 to 7 the next month.

this is possible?

Created on Sep 4, 2018 4:19:59 AM

Votes:

Hi Dorian,

I'm afraid it's not possible to define a custom starting day for the option "Month".

Thank you for you understanding!

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

Created on Sep 4, 2018 12:17:28 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.