What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ssh sensor folder

Votes:

is there a way to change the default folder (/var/prtg/scripts) to another folder like /home/user/scripts for shh sensor

Because I dont have root permissions, and I need to create custom ssh scripts

thanks

folder root ssh-script

Created on Aug 8, 2013 6:04:14 PM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

At the moment it is not possible to change the script directory (which was chosen due to security reasons).

As an alternative you might have a look at the following KB article which describes how to run your own scripts using putty:

Custom SSH Sensors

Created on Aug 9, 2013 2:36:48 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has Paessler's position on this changed within the last 12 months?

Created on Sep 11, 2014 11:51:44 PM

Votes:

This is still the same.

Created on Sep 12, 2014 12:20:10 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Our security profile is to use home directories as opposed to a shared directory. Home directories are more secure than the current profile as they are traceable to accounts.

I understand that it may be a platform security choice for PRTG, but ultimately this is less secure for clients who want to secure it in their own way.

Created on Apr 26, 2016 12:01:07 AM

Votes:

Thank you for the post, I'm very much afraid though, currently there are no plans to change this.

Created on Apr 26, 2016 11:52:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.