What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I make map objects like rectangles transparent?

Votes:

I want to group some MapObjects like devices and sensors with the predefined object like the white rectangle with green or red border. If I do so, the connectors between the devices are not visible. Sending the rectangle to the background shows the devices in the foreground but not their connectors. How can I make that the connectors are shown?

PRTG 13.3.5.2871

connectors mao map-objects rectangle transparent

Created on Sep 1, 2013 12:51:03 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Due to technical reasons connection lines will always be shown in the background. They will be hidden by any other objects on your map. Unfortunately this cannot be changed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

As a workaround we recommend using a background image containing the rectangles you want to show, instead of using rectangle objects on your map.

Created on Sep 5, 2013 11:59:18 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Any updates on this?

Created on Nov 21, 2016 10:52:12 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

You could also add a new "Custom HTML Element" object to the map. To display a rectangle without the white filling use this code:

<p style="margin: 0; height: 100%; width: 100%; border: 2px solid #000;"> </p>

To put this element behind all others enter "1" into the "Layer" property of the map object.

Created on Nov 22, 2016 7:49:57 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.