What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trouble using the imported F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB.txt

Votes:

I imported the F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB.txt into PRTG without a problem, and I can query a test F5 load balancer (running 11.3 code) with only one virtual server and a host - that works.

But if I try F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB.txt against my production F5 (4200v 11.3), PRTG sits there and times out after a while. I suspect the F5 is returning a huge amount of data, and PRTG gives up or something. The MIB file is a 750K file alone - not counting the various includes. And the load balancer itself has 80+ virtual servers and 100+ nodes and pools. I think all the possible combinations is overwhelming something in there.

Has anyone out there had luck getting the MIB to finish on a box configured similarly to we are using?

f5 large mib

Created on Sep 24, 2013 1:46:54 AM

Last change on Feb 7, 2017 10:04:55 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

The F5-BIGIP-LOCAL-MIB includes an extremely large number of OIDs. We would recommend using the "File -> Enable Partial Selection" option within the MIB Importer to select only those counters you would actually like to monitor and save the same as a partial library, then use the same.

Created on Sep 24, 2013 9:33:26 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Feb 7, 2017 10:08:56 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi ttusher,

Did you happen to figure out anything for F5 ?

Regards

Created on Nov 10, 2014 9:09:53 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.