What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Export device sensor list to Excel

Votes:

I need to perform an audit of our PRTG installation to get an idea of what sensors we are running on our devices across our network. Is there any way of exporting a device and it's sensors into an excel supported format (such as CSV)? Even a plain text format might work if the devices are broken up in a uniform manner as I could use Excels columns to text feature.

csvexport excel export prtg

Created on Feb 12, 2014 10:02:08 AM

9 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
the only way to create such list would be the PRTG API. The documentation and also a query builder for API calls can be found at http(s):YOUR_PRTG_SERVER/api.htm. There please switch to tab Live Data. You should find everything needed there.
Best regards

Created on Feb 12, 2014 10:10:25 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That's perfect, thanks very much. Exported as CSV and now I have a ready made list of sensors. Saves me doing this manually!!

Created on Feb 12, 2014 10:42:18 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Is there any way to export more than 500 lines? Well, I need to export a list with all my sensors, in all there are almost 2000 thousand.

Tks!

Created on Feb 20, 2018 10:47:39 AM

Votes:

Please add a

&count=XXXX

parameter to the URL. With this you can adjust the number of returned results. For example 1000 there will return 1000 results ;-).

Created on Feb 20, 2018 3:09:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

There is no sensor "Type" in Query Builder, how can i sort sensors by Type after export to CSV? For examle i want to export all exising sensors, but after sort only SNMP Traffic?

Created on May 8, 2019 10:48:01 AM

Votes:

Try using filtering by tag (filter_tags) and using the default tags (remember, each sensor type has a default tag).

Created on May 8, 2019 2:04:37 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello All,

Sorry I am no coder by any means, would someone be able to explain how to extract the sensor list into excel for audit purposes based on tag name?

Thank you in advance,

Created on Jun 30, 2020 10:41:08 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

You can convert this quite easy with excel. Please follow these steps:

1. Open the CSV file with Excel
  2. Mark the first column
  3. Click "Data" > "Text to Columns"
  4. Next
  5. Choose the needed Delimiters

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 30, 2020 12:34:09 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Created on May 30, 2023 7:25:05 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.