What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable RMON Auto-Discovery for deleted sensors

Votes:

I have a few Dell 6224 Switches that I monitor and set to auto-discovery daily for new ports/changes. However I am having a problem with the RMON sensors. I delete them and they keep showing up. The info is redundant and not needed. Any way to disable them from coming back, it is a waste of sensors 140.

auto-discovery disable rmon snmp

Created on Apr 4, 2014 3:56:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If you want to have these devices discovered without these ports, what you can do is create a template for the device after removing the RMON ports. Once you have the template created, you can check if it has the following two lines in the template. If so, you can remove them to make sure that no RMON sensors will be created:

<check id="rmon1" meta="snmprmonscantraffic" requires="snmp"/>
    <create id="rmon" kind="snmprmon" requires="rmon1" meta="snmprmonscantraffic"/>

You will find the device templates directory under "installpath\PRTG Network Monitor\devicetemplates".

Created on Apr 9, 2014 7:51:36 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.