What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Combine sensor

Votes:

Hello,

I'd like to make a report with the availability rate of my servers. This availability rate must be a combination of many sensors.

For example the availability of my application server should be a combination of the following sensors : - ping
- free space
- application service
- tomcat service

Thanks

availability combination combine rate report

Created on May 19, 2014 1:57:02 PM

Last change on May 20, 2014 11:17:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. Please have a look at the Sensor Factory Sensor. It can show the results of several sensors in one graph / data table. Please be aware though, that the Sensor Factory will not produce an average uptime / downtime statistic of the source sensors.

best regards.

Created on May 20, 2014 11:19:12 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your reply,

I don't think that match my needs. Actually, when you use the availability rate reports you receive the availability rate of each sensor we asked. I'd like to receive the global availability rate of my server which should be an average rate of the availability of selected sensors.

Thanks for your help

Created on May 22, 2014 1:47:03 PM

Votes:

As the Sensor Factory does not calculate such an average on the Uptime/Availability, it will be necessary to get the data from the PRTG API, and perform the calculation then externally. Please see "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Historic Data" for more details.

Created on May 22, 2014 1:55:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You can try using sensor factory using boolean operations

For example

#1:Disp
100 - ( ( (status(2461)/100) +( status(2472)/100)  ) /2 )

Here you can get Availability % of these two sensors

The status function returns 10000 when is down and 0 when is up

Created on Jan 16, 2015 12:59:19 AM

Last change on Jan 16, 2015 3:18:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, can we have detail example of the use of historic data and HTTP API? I mean of a real case, not only the procedure. With which tool (example)? And where are we suppose to past this command: /api/historicdata.xml?id=objectid&avg=0&sdate=2017-01-20-00-00-00&edate=2017-01-21-00-00-00 ???

Created on May 12, 2017 7:56:45 AM

Votes:

Hi, can we have detail example of the use of historic data and HTTP API? I mean of a real case, not only the procedure. With which tool (example)? And where are we suppose to past this command: api historical data xml?

Created on May 12, 2017 7:57:33 AM

Votes:

For example PRTGToolsFamily - CSVImport uses the API to query historic data.
You can use these requests in your very own powershell/python/etc. scripts to query data and then run calculations on the data individually. I'm afraid we don't have exact scenarios for this ourselves. PRTG only provides the interface, and not really uses cases where it may be used.

Created on May 12, 2017 10:59:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.