What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Considering Purchase Of Watchdog-15-POE

Votes:

Will this device work with PRTG version in use by use 14-2-10-2114 Saw some earlier posts about not getting the data into PRTG has this been resolved

cloudwatch prtg traps

Created on Jul 10, 2014 12:37:43 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

According to the datasheet, the watchdog supports SNMP and XML as real time sensor output. PRTG can handle both and it should work just fine, if they don't have anything super fancy :)

Created on Jul 10, 2014 12:48:12 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I use a Watchdog 100 and an older Supergoose from IT Watchdogs with PRTG and have for many years (in the case of the Supergoose). I pull data via SNMP without any problem from both devices. I wouldn't expect a problem.

Also, regarding their stuff, I've been happy with it for a long time. I think it's a pretty good value compared to other similar products on the market.

Jason

Created on Jul 17, 2014 5:40:17 AM

Votes:

HI Jason I just purchased watchdog 100 and I have spent all day reading stuff online and still no luck to get it monitor by prtg. Could you share how you got yours to work. I am trying snmp library and custome sensor no luck.

Created on Jan 12, 2015 11:25:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.