What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP sensor - Change channel Setting

Votes:

Hello everyone,

i'm new in this forum and i have a question about the channels settings of the SNMP sensor.

I have a lot of objects with SNMP sensor but i need to change the channel settings one by one with the Data type from " Display actual values in kbit/s " to " Display in percent of maximum " .

I know that we could make a multiple change but when i put the " Display in percent of maximum " i need to change the "Maximum kbit/s" . And each of my site have a different speed.

So my question is : Can we change "Maximum kbit/s" data with data from a excel file for exemple ?

Thank you.

PS : Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french ^^ .

channel-settings script snmp-sensor

Created on Aug 8, 2014 2:17:07 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

With the help of the rich API of PRTG, pretty much "everything" is possible by some own custom coding.

Take a look at http(s):fqdn-of-your-prtg-site/api.htm to learn more about the API and it's possibilities.

So what you want to do is make a script/application that parses data from Excel into a command like:
http(s):fqdn-of-your-prtg-site/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=id_of_object&name=property_name&value=new_value

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 13, 2014 6:22:50 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.