What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Live graph in Maps appears empty after loading sensor

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

I have a problem, I am trying to create a live graph for my TeGig interface and the graph always appears empty, whether you highlight it with mouse when choosing it from the list or adding it to the Map and then choosing the correspondent sensor.

The graph window is always white saying that "this graph only admits sensors, not devices or groups" The graphs of 2 days and 100 days work, the live doesnt.

I checked the system options for live graph and it says 960 values. I am using 14.3.11.2750+ version.

live-graph-in-maps maps prtg

Created on Sep 9, 2014 9:04:28 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Dear Vad

Please update to the newest version, build 2898. Do you now see the live graph?

Created on Sep 10, 2014 12:19:43 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Arne, Just upgraded to 2898 and still do not see it.

Created on Sep 10, 2014 1:44:33 PM

Votes:

Dear Vad

In this case, we require some log files. Please contact [email protected]. Please include screenshots of the map, the map settings, and of the sensor in question (overview page, live graph page, and logs page.)

Created on Sep 11, 2014 11:15:52 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Vad

Please use the tree structure on the left side of the map editor to drag a sensor into this field. Most graphs are available for other objects, too, like devices. Live graphs are available only for sensors.

Created on Sep 12, 2014 1:04:31 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I just changed the graph configuration from 2 days, 15 minutes to 1 day 1 minute interval and it shows everything, even on the right of the screen and now allows to add sensor and everything If you choose the sensor from the left it does not show live data, it shows 3 days and when you keep maximixing the window it expands the days of the week also

Created on Sep 12, 2014 2:00:10 PM

Votes:

Arne, after I applied the change and recalculated the cache after the reboot, it stopped showing the graphs. There is something wrong with the application. I escalated this issue yesterday and I would like to ask you not to close this ticket.

Thank you.

Created on Sep 12, 2014 3:12:22 PM

Votes:

Dear Vad

Please go to Setup / PRTG Status / System Status and check the Background Task (found in the right column.) Is the graph recalculation done, or still in process?

Created on Sep 12, 2014 3:25:06 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Look, now something crazy is happening.. I somehow changed the behavior of predefined PRTG graph templates...

http://s9.postimg.org/ovpgfskbz/Last_Graph.jpg

Created on Sep 12, 2014 3:45:55 PM

Votes:

Dear Vad

Depending on which object you assign to the graph, you see different content. Probes and Devices have no live graph, but sensors have. The image shows a sensor graph in the live graph, which seems to be correct.

Created on Sep 12, 2014 4:39:47 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.