What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

"When a sensor reports an error" option missing

Votes:

Hello

I need to have PRTG check for a status four times, before finally alerting if it is still in the down state. I can see that an sensor setting exists for this - "When a sensor reports an error", however for some reason this setting is just missing. The other part of this setting "Scanning Interval" is there as expected.

Can anyone shed any light on why this setting is missing? We are using version 14.3.11.2954.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks Paul

http-sensor missing prtg

Created on Jan 26, 2015 5:23:18 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Paul,

please update to version 15.1.13. The option should then be available.

best regards.

Created on Jan 27, 2015 8:16:31 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten

Was this just some kind of bug with the current version then? As I can see that the option seems to have been around for a number of years?

Paul

Created on Jan 27, 2015 10:57:28 AM

Votes:

Paul, the option was just introduced with version 14.4.12.

Created on Jan 27, 2015 1:08:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK, thanks for your help Torsten.

Paul

Created on Jan 27, 2015 2:11:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.