What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Mobile Probe Altitude

Votes:

Hi,

Why the altitude is set to 0? I put in 'settings' the parameters like default position (is about 200 meters). I'm using Geo Maps (reccomended) following the guide

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/59647-how-can-i-track-geo-data-of-my-mobile-probe-device

Best regards

geo-maps location mobile-probe

Created on Mar 19, 2015 8:14:42 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Carlo,

Thank you for your KB-Post. This actually depends on the altitude returned by your sensor.

best regards.

Created on Mar 23, 2015 9:49:31 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Actually should be about 200 meters, the same of th default locationù

probe> settings >location

MtDefLoc { "id":7918, (my location id sensor) "count":200, "waypointstyle":null, "waypointmarker":2, "style":{ "strokeColor":"#0404B4", "strokeOpacity":0.7, "strokeWidth":2, "fillColor":"#0000ff", "fillOpacity":0.1 }

Created on Mar 23, 2015 10:17:14 AM

Votes:

Hi,

i set my sensor right, I can see trace on the map the altitude should be 200 meter approx

Created on Mar 23, 2015 4:00:29 PM

Votes:

The default location does not have an altitude setting actually, it's just 2 D. Can you please upload & share some screenshots showing the data table of the sensor with the location data, and also screenshots showing the map then?

Created on Mar 24, 2015 8:44:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.