What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'x.x.x.x' (10061) Socket error on co

Votes:

I am new on PRTG. I want to monitor a database but my sensor returns that issue : Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'x.x.x.x' (10061) Socket error on connect. WSAGetLastError return 10060($274C)

Firewalls are disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mysql prtg sensor

Created on May 13, 2015 12:45:34 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Is the user allowed to connect to the database from the PRTG host? Did you flush the privileges after creating the user?

Created on May 14, 2015 9:20:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm having this same issue. Normally when you connect MySQL you are required a port too which I found odd that it was not a field in the PRTG connection.

Created on May 14, 2015 8:52:30 PM

Votes:

The port, username and password have to be configured within the device settings, under Credentials For Database Management Systems - is that set up properly? :)

Created on May 18, 2015 6:36:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I will check that and let you know if it is good or not.

Thanks.

Created on May 18, 2015 7:00:06 AM

Votes:

I don't have any Credentials For Database Management Systems option in the device settings. I just have Credentials for Windows Systems, Credentials for Linux/Solaris/Mac OS (SSH/WBEM) Systems, Credentials for VMware/XenServer and Credentials for SNMP Devices.

Is that normal?

Created on May 18, 2015 7:21:25 AM

Votes:

In older PRTG versions, the database credentials were configured within the sensor settings. But please check your permissions first as mentioned in my other post :)

Created on May 18, 2015 7:33:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG host can't connect to MySQL server, but user is allowed to connect database (i tried to connect from other hosts).

Connection between PRTG server and our network is done through a router (which is a firewall too) which is managed by other people. I asked them to look if port 3306 is open or not.

When I'll have an answer, I'll give you news.

Created on May 18, 2015 8:11:54 AM

Votes:

Problem solved. Thanks.

Created on May 19, 2015 2:32:46 PM

Votes:

Thanks for the update! :)

Created on May 19, 2015 5:54:17 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.