What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The lookup "apc-ups_battery_status" does not contain a definition for "2"

Votes:

I have created a custom SNMP lookup file as outlined below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ValueLookup id="APC-UPS_battery_status" desiredValue="2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="PaeValueLookup.xsd"> <Lookups> <SingleInt state="Warning" value="1"> Unknown </SingleInt> <SingleInt state="Ok" value="2"> BatteryNormal </SingleInt> <SingleInt state="Error" value="3"> BatteryLow </SingleInt> </Lookups> </ValueLookup> The file is loaded correctly, but i still receive the following error: "The lookup "apc-ups_battery_status" does not contain a definition for "2"" This means that my OID (.1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.2.1.1.0) fort he ups is being read, but the value can not be fount in the lookup. What am i doing wrong?

custom-lookup definition snmp

Created on Jul 21, 2015 9:53:37 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello eagle00789.
Your lookup file looks correct.

Please confirm which one of those sensor's you're using:

I ask that because from a quick research it looks like the 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.2.1.1.0 OID returns an integer value and not a string.

Please be aware that the SNMP Custom Lookup BETA sensor monitors a string value returned by a specific OID, while the SNMP Custom sensor monitors a numerical value returned by a specific OID.

If that's the case, use the SNMP Custom sensor instead and then use your lookup.

Created on Jul 22, 2015 6:40:58 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I am indeed using the SNMP Cusotm Lookup BETA Since i am now using SNMP Custom, as proposed by you, it is working. The problem was that i was looking for the lookup in the sensor instead of the channel. That's why i ignored the SNMP Custom sensor. But everything is now working like a charm.

Created on Jul 22, 2015 6:52:55 AM

Votes:

That's great to hear.
Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Created on Jul 22, 2015 9:11:33 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.