What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetFlow and DSCP

Votes:

The NetFlow sensors are working fine in my Environment so i can see the various protocol distributions. Now i have seen, that NetFlow packets also contain the QoS-Tags (TOS Value). I have not seen an Option to use the NetFlow sensors to account the traffic based on the QoS/DCSP/TOS-Property.

I know that smaller companies are not really using QoS but it will be more important with VoIP and unified Messaging Solutions.

Is it already possible and i have simply not found it or will this be possible somewhere in the future ?.

Frank

dscp ipfix netflow qos sflow tos

Created on Sep 7, 2015 8:14:03 PM

7 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Frank,

You are correct that the QoS field is not supported at the moment. I will put this on our feature request wish list for future versions of PRTG. Let's see if other customers are also requesting this feature. Simply put a comment below this one.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Sep 8, 2015 4:58:45 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

It would be very helpful if PRTG had this feature.

Theo

Created on Jan 5, 2017 1:31:32 PM

Votes:

Hello Felix,

it would be helpfull for us, too.

Thanks in advance! Juergen

Created on Mar 7, 2017 3:01:33 PM

Votes:

Yes this would also be useful for us.

Thanks, Chris.

Created on Jul 1, 2019 12:40:11 PM

Votes:

Hello Chris,

We changed our approach to submit feature requests. Please feel free to fill out the form so that other users can vote for the feature as described in this article.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 2, 2019 10:18:02 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Very good topic. I also have need to get this info from my network. Let me know when it comes working, please.

Created on Jan 30, 2020 12:33:13 PM

Votes:

Yes please! Table stakes for netflow. At least give us the flexibility to expose it.

Created on Mar 30, 2021 2:16:55 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.