What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to split Core Server to a few different Core Servers?

Votes:

Hello! I need help! We have Core Server x64 with about 20k sensors ( about 5k devices ) on 5 probes (1 local and 4 remote probes). It runs on virtual server extremly unstable and i think it's time to do sothing with this problem. I want to split it on a few servers without loosing any settings (notiffications, groups, devices, sensors... etc). Do you have any recommendations how to do it to minimize problems. And i want to know optimal hardware configuration for this amount of sensors.

core-server migration prtg split

Created on Sep 16, 2015 3:05:55 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

In order to do this properly, please open a support ticket via PRTG - refer to this thread so I know who I'm dealing with :) Anyhow, what I can tell you for sure is that you can't split configurations among multiple cores.

Created on Sep 17, 2015 11:13:32 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would suggest splitting the polling into multiple probes. I looking to do that now that PRTG supports probes sending to multiple cores.

Created on Sep 17, 2015 2:10:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.