What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I can't find the Symantec endpoint Sensors

Votes:

I try to add a new Symantec sensor and it doesn't list in the sensors any longer..can you advise?

endpoint-protection--antivirus- sensor symantec

Created on Dec 18, 2015 7:22:24 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Stephen,

There is no dedicated sensor for Symantec Endpoint (or any other Security Suite for that matter), but you can try the WMI Security Center Sensor.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 22, 2015 3:11:26 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think the WMI Security Center Sensor is not working on Windows Server OS. How can I monitor Symantec Endpoint Protecton on Windows Server 2012R2?

Created on Mar 17, 2016 6:41:44 AM

Votes:

Hi Christian,

That is correct, the description of the sensor (Section Remarks) also states that it's not working on Windows Server OS. The reason for this is that it queries the WMI Namespace root\SecurityCenter2 which does not exist on Windows Server OS. In this case you would need to find other ways to monitor the Antivir solution running on a Windows Server like monitoring the age of the the anti-virus signatures as described here for example and/or additionally whether the regarding processes and services are running.

Kind regards.

Created on Mar 17, 2016 8:31:51 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.