What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problems in creating JMX sensor

Votes:

I'm having trouble with the creation of Custom JMX MBean sensor, always return the message - Sensor returned no data points, Empty return.

But, I can monitored in the VisualVM and I don't have problem.

Below the parameters that put in PRTG .

Sensor
JMX Custom MBean Teste

BASIC SENSOR SETTINGS

JMX Custom MBean Test
Tags
miniprobe mjjmxcustomattributessensor 
Prioridade

CONNECTION SETTINGS
RMI Connection String
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://myserver:9999/jmxrmi
Username
user
Password
••••••••

MBean
java.lang:type=GarbageCollector,name=ParNew

ATTRIBUTE
Object name: CollectionCount

Unit types
 Response Time
 File (bytes)
 Temperature
 Memory (bytes)
 Percent
 CPU (%)
 Time Hours
 Count
 Time Seconds
 Bandwidth (bytes)
 Disk (bytes)

ATTRIBUTE
Object name: CollectionTime

Unit types
 Response Time
 File (bytes)
 Temperature
 Memory (bytes)
 Percent
 CPU (%)
 Time Hours
 Count
 Time Seconds
 Bandwidth (bytes)
 Disk (bytes)

ATTRIBUTE
Object name: MemoryPoolNames

Unit types
 Response Time
 File (bytes)
 Temperature
 Memory (bytes)
 Percent
 CPU (%)
 Time Hours
 Count
 Time Seconds
 Bandwidth (bytes)
 Disk (bytes)

Thank you for your help!

jmx mini-probe prtg

Created on Jan 15, 2016 5:37:29 PM

Last change on Aug 11, 2016 5:54:22 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Luiz, I sent an updated jar for you to test. Please let us know if it solves the problem. If so, I'll update the release on GitHub. Thanks JR

Created on Jan 20, 2016 1:50:17 PM by  JR Andreassen [Paessler Support] (220) 3 1

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi. A response of no data usually indicates there is nothing returned for the item requested. Have you tried one of the predefined sensors for that server ? If connection is within the local JVM, you can use the RMI string "local" or "localhost" as a shortcut, which does not require a login.

Thanks JR

Created on Jan 19, 2016 3:46:18 AM by  JR Andreassen [Paessler Support] (220) 3 1

Votes:

Thanks for the reply , managed to install the sensor for garbage collection and is working properly, only needed to select options below.

Now I have another problem, and I need help !

The Heap Memory sensor does not work either...

My sensor:

BASIC SENSOR SETTINGS Nome do sensor JMX-LAB-WEB-001-MBEAN - HEAP MEMORY Tags miniprobe mjjmxcustomattributessensor Prioridade

CONNECTION SETTINGS RMI Connection String service:jmx:rmi:/jndi/rmi:myserver:9999/jmxrmi Username luiz.carvalho Password •••••••• MBean java.lang:type=Memory ATTRIBUTE Object name HeapMemoryUsage Unit types Response Time File (bytes) Temperature Memory (bytes) -->selected Percent CPU (%) Time Hours Count Time Seconds Bandwidth (bytes) Disk (bytes)

ATTRIBUTE Object name NonHeapMemoryUsage Unit types Response Time File (bytes) Temperature Memory (bytes) -->selected Percent CPU (%) Time Hours Count Time Seconds

Created on Jan 19, 2016 11:10:03 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Luiz, I sent an updated jar for you to test. Please let us know if it solves the problem. If so, I'll update the release on GitHub. Thanks JR

Created on Jan 20, 2016 1:50:17 PM by  JR Andreassen [Paessler Support] (220) 3 1

Votes:

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your support, the new JAR working very well...

Now I can monitoring my JVM (Heap Memory and GC).

TKS...

Good answer!!!

Created on Feb 17, 2016 10:45:42 AM

Votes:

I have resolved my GitHub issues and uploaded the latest and created a new release 0.5.5-Beta(https://github.com/PaesslerAG/JMXMiniProbe/releases/tag/0.5.5). Please download and test JR

Created on Aug 15, 2016 3:15:01 PM by  JR Andreassen [Paessler Support] (220) 3 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.