What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

API Uptime with Datetime filter

Votes:

I'm using the API to grab uptime information on all sensors with a certain tag. Ideally, I would be able to make an API call that will simply report the uptime for each sensor over a certain time span. The cumulative uptime is readily available, but I'd really like to be able to get this uptime for the past week/month/day/etc for multiple sensors. I've looked into a few options. It seems overkill to request historical data for each sensor individually, and I haven't been able to figure out a table request that will output what I need. I'd like to avoid exporting PRTG data into an external database to run the calculations myself. The PRTG reports will output this information, so it would be nice to be able to make ad-hoc requests for various time ranges. Alternatively, I may need to schedule reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and create an automated process to consume the data. It just seems like there should be an easier way. Any ideas?

api filter uptime

Created on Jan 26, 2016 7:53:02 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Currently the way over reports would be the way to go. The uptime in the reports is a calculated value (from historical data) so I'm afraid there is no direct way to get this figure.
Best regards

Created on Jan 28, 2016 2:47:04 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was able to find this post, which is much closer to what I want. The only problem is that it requires an individual request for each sensor.

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/32113-how-can-i-get-the-downtime-percentage-of-a-sensor-for-a-specific-time-span-via-api

Created on Jan 28, 2016 2:57:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.