What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Since a network outage some wmi sensors stay gray

Votes:

We have had a network outage whereby the connection between the probe and device has been dropped a short time. Afterwards the WMI sensors of 1 particular device stayed grayed out. I'm not able to get data out of these sensors. From the past I know that rebooting the device may resolve the issue (for now). How can I prevent the issue from happening or how can I resolve the issue without rebooting the device?

Regards,

Marcel Rutten Q-Park NV

disconnect gray wmi

Created on Mar 30, 2016 10:24:01 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello marcelrutten, we appreciate your contact.

The outage most likely affected the WMI session, it is now in an unrecoverable state. You may get it working again by restarting the "PRTG Probe Servicer" on the PRTG Probe which monitors this device/sensor.

In some cases, having a Ping sensor as Master (dependency) object for parent can avoid such situations, as it will pause other sensors (WMI for instance) during a device's outage.

Best Regards,

Created on Mar 31, 2016 4:23:08 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.