What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I create customize report?

Votes:

i want to display max value of the week (Mon-Sun) from bandwidthsensor.

bandwidthsensor data-table prtg

Created on Apr 6, 2016 6:49:09 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-Post I'm afraid currently there is no report available which only shows the maximum / minimum value from the selected period. You can achieve this though, by querying the historic data from the PRTG API from the sensor, and then parse it for the highest / lowest value.

best regards

Created on Apr 7, 2016 12:20:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

This is a bit of a late reply, but there are a few ways I might do this.

1, Export all the data to SQL, install Reporting Servers (SSRS), or Crystal Reports and get fancy that way. Of course schedule this to export nightly or weekly. Reporting can be done from Excel too if you like doing things manually.

2, Add a custom sensor to report the min/max value for the last full week. The code would look something like this:

$ret = get-prtgSensorData -SensorID 2047 -StartDate "8/march/2016" -EndDate "8/april/2016"
$min = $ret | where {$_.value -ne ""} |select value -last 1
$min = ($ret2 | where {$_.value -ne ""} |select value -last 1).value -replace (" #","")
"$min:OK"

Then report on these new sensors. This of course does not scale well.

3, Use the Powershell Module (or raw API) to go through all items tagged with "bandwidthsensor", then process as in example 2. I read somewhere they are a limited number of reads per minute when it comes to historical data. I cannot remember if there are guidelines or enforced. This can output raw data, but can be put in a HTML table with a little bit of effort.

Examples 2 and 3 use my Powershell Module here https://thedomainiown.wordpress.com/ But I would suggest SSRS or Crystal Reports.

Created on Apr 21, 2016 11:44:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.