What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I create a map with all server Ping Status

Votes:

Hi All,

I am John newbie network admin, Can someone guide me how to create a custom map with all server Ping Status? Current situation I have 29 server, I need to create a map that can list all server with Ping status.

Thank You John Tham

map ping server

Created on May 4, 2016 3:24:06 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello John,

Certain Map Objects are supporting filtering with tags, mostly they are to be found in the Data Tables Section of the Map Designer. Then head over to tab "Settings" of the map. There use the "Tag Filter" field to filter for the desired tags. In the Map only the filtered sensors will be shown.

Created on May 4, 2016 5:55:31 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello. I was was able to create a top 10 worst pings with this code:

<!--Top 10: Ping (worst)-->

<div class="map_object map_table" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="overflow:auto;<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
<#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
<#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
<#checkobjecttype objecttype="probenode,group,device" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">

<div class="top10listcontainer" style="overflow:hidden">
			<#lang key="html.mapobjects.top10pingworst.tabletitle" default="Top 10: Worst Ping (@@@@)" var="tabletitle">
			<#table tableid="sensortable"
					   content="sensors"
					   columns="uptime,sensor,probegroupdevice"
					   sortby="uptime"
					   sortable="false"
					   refreshable="false"
					   filter_status="4"
					   filter_status="5"
					   filter_status="10"
					   filter_status="13"
					   filter_status="14"
					   infoheader="false"
					   links="false"
					   filter_tags="@tag(<@tagfilterstring> %2bpingsensor)"
					   count="10"
					   varexpand="tabletitle"
					   tabletitle="@tabletitle"
                       		id="<@objectid>">
			</div>

<#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Created on Sep 28, 2019 11:20:00 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.