What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No OIDs found message rusulted when i scan OIDLIB using snmp tester

Votes:

i want to monitor my JVM details. so i use native snmp interface process. i download the MIB file for jvm management and import and convert it into oid library using your MIB importerv3. i enable the snmp agent on the device and read device up time using snmp tester and it work fine.

But when i scan OIDLIB which created as i described in the above it gave me NO OIDs found message. So when i am going to create snmp library sensor using that oid lib it gave the no such object error.

I am using windows 10 and hp probook laptop. What should i do to overcome these problems. Appreciate any assistance on these problems.

jvm snmp snmp-library

Created on Jul 5, 2016 1:22:39 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Did you work through this already? Just asking, because the JVM has it's own SNMP agent and it sounds like you enabled the SNMP agent of the operating system :)

Created on Jul 5, 2016 12:14:57 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks a lot.Do i have to enable both snmp agents of OS and JVM? I follow your link but i am getting the above error. read up time in snmp tester also now results in "No response". And how do i start the JVM? i am new to this and can you please help me to enable SNMP agent of JVM in order to monitor it using SNMP library sensor. Thanks.

Created on Jul 7, 2016 1:31:18 AM

Votes:

this should be what you're looking for. It's usually only necessary to enable it in the JVM. Simply work through it and let me know if the sensors in the KB article work :)

Created on Jul 7, 2016 6:47:17 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks a lot. After doing that how can i confirm that snmp agent is activated for jvm?

Created on Jul 10, 2016 1:22:27 AM

Votes:

Disable the Windows SNMP agent and do an uptime scan with our SNMP tester. When the JVM snmp agent is running correctly, you should get a response.

Created on Jul 11, 2016 6:56:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.