What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I inject to the Downtime channel from HTTP Push Data Advanced Sensor?

Votes:

After initially creating my HTTP Push Data Advanced sensor, there was a single channel shown -- "Downtime" (ID -4). The XML payload expected by the push data channel requires a channel to be specified, and when I push data to the sensor, the channel I specify is created on-the-fly. But when I try to push to <channel>Downtime</channel>, it creates a new "Downtime" channel instead of pushing to the original "Downtime" channel.

How do I push to the original, system-defined Downtime channel?

The HTTP Push Data sensor says to omit the "value" parameter in order for the push to be treated as an error, but that doesn't seem to work for the HTTP Push Data Advanced sensor.

And also -- where can I find the reference for the XML/JSON data format? The only thing I have to refer to is the example given for the sensor; I can't find anything more detailed... Maybe the information I am looking for is specified there... ?

downtime http-push ptrg

Created on Aug 30, 2016 11:01:35 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Stan

That clarifies it. I am sorry for the confusion, only Administrator users can access that menu item. For more information, see PRTG Manual: Application Programming Interface (API) Definition.

Created on Sep 1, 2016 4:00:05 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 10, 2018 9:07:03 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.