What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cluster Failover Configuration

Votes:

Hi, I'm new to PRTG and I've just setup two servers clustered together one a master the other the failover. I installed the failover without configuring anything other than the questions asked by the installer, i.e. email, license name and key. Whereas with the Master I setup my administrator account password and turned on SSL. I should mention that I installed the master node and configured it up before installing the failover. I went into the PRTG Administration Tool on both the Master and the Failover and setup their appropriate role and when I log into either the master or the failover I see the cluster probe on both. The trouble is the master has the prtgadmin account setup with the password that I want and to use SSL but the failover is setup to use the default prtgadmin account password and SSL is switched off. I was under the impression that the failover would take these settings from the master, no? If not, do I have to remove the failover from the cluster failover mode and setup this manually?

Thanks, Anthony

cluster clustering failover-node failovercluster master master-node settings

Created on Sep 28, 2016 9:09:54 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Anthony,

It's all good, nothing to worry here :)

Those settings you see about the prtgadmin user and whether or not ssl is being used are not "inherited" from master to failover and can indeed be different. You can adjust prtgadmin's password in PRTG Administration Tool on both machines to your liking and enable ssl on the failover, which will restart the core service on the failover for the change to take effect, that's all.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 30, 2016 10:55:43 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.