What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IP SLA sensor: what means error status ?

Votes:

I have IP SLA probe on Cisco router that pings another router with interval of 11 seconds. So, during 1 minute I have 5-6 test pings. PRTG read status of this sensor every 1 minute. And my question is: what means error status of this sensor ? Does this mean that all 5-6 test pings diring last minute failure or does this mean that at least 1 probe was unsuccessful ?

ipsla ping snmp

Created on Dec 16, 2016 1:41:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

What exact error message do you get from the sensor?

Created on Dec 19, 2016 1:12:24 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello, This one message I have: Latest operation return code: Timeout (code: PE107)

Created on Dec 19, 2016 1:27:26 PM

Votes:

The error message timeout means that the sensor can not reach the target device to receive ans values. Can you please forward us some screenshot to [email protected] showing the sensor "Settings" page? Please refer to this case.

Created on Dec 20, 2016 12:51:22 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.