What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

QoS DSCP tagging in Windows

Votes:

Hi,

Are you able to elaborate on how to set up DSCP markings on the QoS sensor to emulate voice traffic, as advised in this thread?

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/37983-qos-remote-probes

I know this has to be done from within Windows, but the Windows GPO requires the name of the application in order to tag packets. We don't want to tag all packets coming from the PRTG application - only packets from a specific sensor (QoS) within PRTG.

Do you have any guidance on how this is done?

Thanks

dscp qos tagging

Created on Jan 4, 2017 10:31:10 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear sw19-it

I am sorry, it is not possible to only tag packets for this sensor. The sensor is operated by the probe service and cannot be individually singled out.

Created on Jan 6, 2017 1:33:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi sw19-it,

I think you actually can. When you create a policy based QoS GPO, you have the option to chose to tag packets either by application, source / destination and TCP / UDP ports. And in PRTG you can define the specific port that the QoS probe will ship it's traffic on.

Look at this guide around S4B and GPO for DSCP tagging, they show how the GPOs can be setup to match ports instead of applications. https://three65.blog/2015/09/07/skype-for-business-configuring-quality-of-service-qos/

Good luck,

/Robin

Created on Aug 25, 2017 9:20:51 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.