What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetFlow loging

Votes:

I have a problem with saving the log files from the netflue. In the sensor settings I turned on the "Log Stream Data to Disk (for Debugging) - All stream data", but the data in the file only for 1 minute and in the folder there are only two such files. It turns out that I can only see the last 2 minutes. Why can not I see the log for a day or more?

logs netflow save-logs

Created on Apr 27, 2017 6:39:06 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Mr_Dmitriy,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base posting.

The shown option Log Stream Data to Disk is meant for debugging purposes only. The stream data is stored into CSV file format.
The maximal size of all stream data log files is limited to 65 MB. The stored time period mainly depends on the amount of captured stream data. As soon as the log files reach the hard coded limit, the oldest files will be overwritten.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 27, 2017 12:09:37 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 27, 2017 12:10:01 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any way to save netflow data in the log files as on the sensor "syslog" (Log Data to Disk) ?

Created on Apr 27, 2017 12:21:20 PM

Votes:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to save collected NetFlow data at the moment. Currently, PRTG processes the relevant data/filters for each sensor and then only store the actual results from the currently defined Toplist. Only the "processed" results are stored and not the data used to get to this value/result.

While this is also on our wish list and we agree that it would be very valuable, we currently don't have any estimate about when and if this will ever be possible, sorry.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 27, 2017 12:37:11 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.