What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Existing user group cannot be selected for push notification

Votes:

Used version of PRTG Network Monitor: 16.3.24.5303+

Hi,

at our company we have the problem that we can select an existing user group for an email notification so that all users assigned to this group will get an email in cases of errors. That works pretty well.

We would like to use now push notifications for this user group. But in the notification settings I can also select my own user account. When I click on the the selection box of the input field "Send to a User Group" I only see the entry None:

No group

At the predefined email notification the user group has been automatically selected: Predefined notification group

Do I have to enable any option at the user group to use the existing user group also for push notifications ? Or did I miss an option in the notification settings?

Thanks and kind Florian

notifications push-notifications user-group

Created on May 17, 2017 1:53:15 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Florian,

Push-Notifications cannot be configured manually I'm afraid. The process however is automated: As soon as a user connects with one of the apps to the PRTG server and enables Push notifications in the app's settings, PRTG will create the "link" for sending push messages for this particular user. You can also see this in tab "Notification Contacts" in a user's profile in PRTG whether or not the "push link" has been established.

So in the end every user of this group needs to connect to PRTG with his/her respective credentials using the app and enable push in the app.

See also for details: Push Notifications from PRTG

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 19, 2017 10:32:04 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 19, 2017 10:33:17 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard,

thanks for your answer. It finally works with your described procedure.

Kind regards Florian

Created on May 30, 2017 6:57:38 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.