What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Vertica connection strings

Votes:

Hello I want to monitor my vertica database i tried this string Host=node01;Database=VMart;User=dbadmin;Password=usersPassword; but i didnt work please help me what is the correct string for vertica in prtg in order to connect databases Best Regards Mostafa

databases monitor prtg vertica

Created on May 30, 2017 12:04:39 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB post.

You can try using our ADO SQL sensor for monitoring of Vertica Databases.

This connection string is correct, but as it is identical as an example on this website, may I please ask you to double-check that you used the correct parameters adapted for your Vertica DB instead of the ones used in this example?

Created on May 31, 2017 12:29:17 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello thank you for your quick reply i use ADO SQL sensor and the connection string is example of what connection string i used i know and i edit and replace my value in my connection string but i get the error "can not log in using specified credentials " How can i solve this ? Best Regards Mostafa

Created on Jun 1, 2017 5:54:00 AM

Votes:

Hello Mostafa,

Could you please double-check the credentials that you typed under device "Settings" -> "Credentials for Database Management Systems"?

If that does not help, please open a Support Ticket (send an email to "[email protected]"), please refer to this KB article and send us screenshots of this sensor.

Thanks

Created on Jun 1, 2017 12:31:47 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you again i check my credential "Settings" -> "Credentials for Database Management Systems" again but it didn't work i open a support ticket and will share my experience here Best Regards Mostafa

Created on Jun 3, 2017 4:42:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.