What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using Veeam SNMP to monitor backup jobs on PRTG

Votes:

Hi there,

I would like to know if we can use Veeam SNMP settings to trigger SNMP trap to PRTG probe. I knnow that we can use IMAP sensors to monitor the backup jobs. Just found out that we can also use Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager API and Custom Script. But Veeam B&R 9.5 doesn't have Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager available to download. Maybe the product name has been changed to the different one?

However I want to setup a monitoring on Veeam backup job on PRTG simply with SNMP. Is it possible to achive the simply solution purely with SNMP trap? Or any other workaround available? Thanks in advance

simple-monitoring snmp veeam

Created on Jun 20, 2017 3:09:16 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Tyla Lin

If you can send an SNMP trap which is received by a PRTG probe, you can add an SNMP Trap sensor and attach a notification to that sensor, to get you notified.

Please note that the PRTG SNMP Trap sensor does not support SNMP v3, please use v2c or v1 instead.

Created on Jun 21, 2017 3:54:32 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.