What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Licence activation issue

Votes:

We have already purchased licence key for prtg network monitor and activated on one system but because of some issue that system is not powering on so we want to activate our prtg licence on another system with same activation key when we enter the same activation key on another system then it shows an error that "activation key already in use on another system" so please help ASAP

Thanks and regards, Sumit Nikam.

issue- licence migration

Created on Jun 27, 2017 6:06:29 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

No single key will work on multiple installs. Each installation will have it's on instance of a code which is generated uniquely. I had this same issue with a VM crashing on me. You'll have to perform offline activation and put the response code into your single instance.

Created on Dec 29, 2017 6:26:10 PM

Votes:

Hi Sumit,

If you still encounter the license issues, kindly forward the last 6 digits of your license key to [email protected] by referring to this KB article.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 1, 2018 9:34:15 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i have already download prtg network monitor and got free license but when i logged-in i have faced the issue with "license status not activated 403 forbidden " error .so i can not complete the activation license.

Created on Apr 8, 2020 8:20:47 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

This means that the server is not allowed to contact our activation servers. You can do a manual activation at any time though. This is also possible via the Setup > License page.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 8, 2020 8:56:04 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.