What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alarm sensor sound

Votes:

Hi, i would like to know how to set alarm sound to the specifiy sensors ( i mean not to the all alarm appear but the ones i want )

Thank you for your help.

alarm sensor sound

Created on Jul 29, 2017 8:04:08 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I apologise, I completely missed that we are talking about sound notifications here. For those I'm afraid it's quite hard to limit them to only certain sensors:

1. Create a map with only those sensors (for which you want notifications) on them, with the according sound-capable map object (Status Icons -> Status and Audible Alert), and have this map open in a browser window at all time.
  2. Or you'll create a user with only access to those sensors, and with this user log into PRTG with the Enterprise Console, and use the feature of the EC to alert with a sound (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/options_enterprise_console.htm).

For a general introduction on notifications and trigger in PRTG, please see this video tutorial.

best regards.

Created on Aug 1, 2017 7:38:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. What do you have set up so far in terms of notifications and triggers in PRTG? The base principle should be that you only add triggers on those sensors where you need to be alerted on (in comparison to adding triggers on root or probe level, where you would be notified on all child sensors).

best regards.

Created on Jul 31, 2017 12:05:16 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

unfortunately, i don't have any experience on "notifications and triggers in PRTG",that's why i approached you to know more about it

Can you please explain me or show steps on how to add triggers on sensors

Thanks,

Best Regards.

Created on Jul 31, 2017 12:58:22 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I apologise, I completely missed that we are talking about sound notifications here. For those I'm afraid it's quite hard to limit them to only certain sensors:

1. Create a map with only those sensors (for which you want notifications) on them, with the according sound-capable map object (Status Icons -> Status and Audible Alert), and have this map open in a browser window at all time.
  2. Or you'll create a user with only access to those sensors, and with this user log into PRTG with the Enterprise Console, and use the feature of the EC to alert with a sound (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/options_enterprise_console.htm).

For a general introduction on notifications and trigger in PRTG, please see this video tutorial.

best regards.

Created on Aug 1, 2017 7:38:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

The second solution seems to me to be the best, let me try to create a user with only access to the sensors i want

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Created on Aug 1, 2017 9:06:51 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.