What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring Database

Votes:

Hi, My monitoring database generate 350 Mb every day and i will have some disk space problems in the future. If i delete old monitoring database data, i'll lost the historic data to??

Thanks in advance.

historical-data monitoring-database prtg

Created on Sep 11, 2017 10:09:50 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

PRTG's monitoring database is stored by default under "C:\Programdata\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Monitoring Database\". Each sub-folder represents one day of monitoring (In the format YYYYMMDD).. PRTG will store up to 365 days of Historic Sensor Data by default.

Instead of manually removing or using a task to delete those files, you should configure the "Historic Data Purging" policy within PRTG under Setup > System Administration. Set the desired values there and PRTG will automatically clean-up older files/records.

And of course, if you reduce the number of records in the database (or configure a more aggressive purging policy), old historic data will no longer be available.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Sep 11, 2017 12:12:38 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi Luciano, Thanks for your support.

Best Regards, Luís Alves

Created on Sep 11, 2017 2:43:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.