What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Deploy remote probe to remote network

Votes:

I would like to monitor a remote network, which I have permission to do so. The PRTG Core would be in AWS (80.80.80.23 example) and I would deploy the PRTG remote probe to a remote network (40.40.40.23). There are no VPN connections. I can open up ports on the AWS side and I can manually deploy the remote probe the remote network.

Is this possible and how? All documentation I see state remote probe needs to deployed on LAN. If not on LAN cluster needs to be enabled. However I do not need a cluster. Also cluster is disabled . Not to sure how I enable? Anycase, I need help please.

aws prtg prtg-core remote-network remote-probe

Created on Sep 26, 2017 8:21:56 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

PRTG server and remote probes establish a secure connection using port 23560 to transmit sensor readings and exchange configuration details, so that's all you need to take care of, meaning that the remote probe is able to reach the core server's ip on port 23560, whether or not by VPN is up to you in the end.

See also:

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Sep 27, 2017 3:25:45 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.