What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Idea for improvement: Menue "My Account"

Votes:

Hi,

an idea for improvement from our customer, depending on multiple request in last weeks during implementing of PRTG and delegating responsiblities to his Teams:

Making Access to "My Account" easier:

Instead of "Setup - Accounts Settings - My Account" add a link directly to "My Account" in Header.

We had several users, which are asking "Where can i change my Password?" or "Where can i see my account settings?" They all thought: Setup is for Administration of PRTG but not for users account settings. -> Keep it simple :-)

Thanks for your Attention,

Juergen

account-settings my-account setup

Created on Nov 27, 2017 2:21:42 PM

Last change on Nov 28, 2017 11:35:59 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Jürgen,
thank you for your post and input.

We understand the request, but we also want to avoid creating an excessively large list of menu options in the horizontal navigation menu. Especially for settings that are hardly ever changed (in most cases you will use the "My Account" menu once after your first login and then never again.

If we receive more similar feedback for this change we may be able to implement this in the future, but it has to be something that many customers request/ask for. Please have a look here to understand how we rate feedback:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 28, 2017 11:41:49 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.