What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Integrate PRTG Network Monitor XL1 with PRTG Freeware?

Votes:

My scenario: I have a main site using PRTG Network Monitor XL1 that is completely up and running. I have a remote site that installed PRTG freeware, this is also up and running. Both sites are connected using site to site VPN tunnel with full access between the sites.

What I want to be able to do: I want to be able to see all the devices in the remote site in the PRTG instance of my main site. I want to be able to generate a network map of the remote site in my main site.

Is this possible? If I do this, how would the remote site access their instance of PRTG? Would they need go through the main site? Would they still be able to access through their original web page?

freeware prtg8 remote-probes

Created on Feb 6, 2018 10:03:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but you could simply create a map inside your remote site's PRTG freeware installation that displays what you need and then view this map from your main site by using a public link or a non-public link that requires credentials to access this map.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 7, 2018 4:28:09 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.