What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cloudflare DNS Breaks PRTG UI

Votes:

When we set our PRTG sub-domain on CloudFlare, we can access the login page and login to PRTG, but we can't actually load any other pages beyond that. If we select Devices,Sensors,ect. on the page, nothing ever happens.

When we turn off CloudFlare services and setup direct access, everything works. If we setup the sub-domain through any "standard" provider, it works.

Has anyone else had problems with PRTG hosting and CloudFlare?

Thanks.

cloudflare domain prtg

Created on Feb 25, 2018 8:30:58 PM

11 Replies

Votes:

Did you configure the DNS name in PRTG accordingly (Setup | System Administration | User Interface)?

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 26, 2018 12:49:42 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 26, 2018 12:49:47 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, the DNS name is set correctly.

Created on Feb 28, 2018 3:10:23 AM

Votes:

While we have little to no customers using cloudflare with PRTG - what URL do you get redirected to after the login?

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 28, 2018 11:02:25 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I get redirected to "https://prtg.ourdomain.com/welcome.htm" after I login.

Created on Feb 28, 2018 4:14:44 PM

Votes:

Is there anything in the browser console that hints on what exactly the problem could be? Anything in PRTGs webserver logs located in the data directory? You could also provide us a support bundle via Setup | Contact Support so we could check it. Adding cloudflare beforehand and triggering the issue will help finding it in the log files.

Kind regards,

Created on Mar 1, 2018 10:31:25 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have submitted a support bundle. The webserver logs only show "GET" requests for the items I click on. My browser console only displays the following:

unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] rocket.min.js:3863:111 unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] rocket.min.js:27627:65 unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] rocket.min.js%20line%204%20%3E%20eval:3863:111 window.controllers/Controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. rocket.min.js%20line%204%20%3E%20eval:28222:417 unreachable code after return statement [Learn More] rocket.min.js%20line%204%20%3E%20eval:27627:65

Created on Mar 4, 2018 4:27:31 AM

Votes:

From the errors you get, it actually seems that cloudflare isn't able to process PRTG's JavaScript.

I kindly ask you to submit another Support Bundle, somehow I cannot find the previous one. Please refer to the case "PAE1005001" when submitting the bundle.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Andreas Günther, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 5, 2018 3:30:49 PM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I also have a similar problem using Cloudflare, but most page rendered correctly, except some element, especially at 'Device -> All' page where the inventory explorer window is not appeared. I have to resort to 'Device -> List' to view the item, but then I still stuck if I want to add more devices.

Any update on this matters?

Created on Jul 14, 2021 2:26:43 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I'm afraid that there is no information regarding that issue, therefore I invite you to check the developer console, network tab as well as webserver logs (by default located under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\webserver") while navigating on the affected pages in PRTG. This could provide you indications on its origin.

Please, make sure that there is no addons which could affect the web interface.

As troubleshooting can be more complicated in the knowledge base, you can also provide us as support bundle (Setup > Contact Support) if you haven't found any indications for the issue.

Regards.

Created on Jul 19, 2021 5:39:26 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi all,

I managed to solved this!

Somehow Cloudflare auto-minify for HTML components doesn't play nice with PRTG. So what i did was:

either you just enable auto-minify for JS and CSS but not for HTML in global settings or set new Rules for that particular PRTG url to auto-minify JS and CSS but not HTML

Mine is working.

Created on Apr 14, 2022 12:32:28 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution. It will definitely help other PRTG user in the same situation.

Our colleague Jasmin redacted an article on his blog about it as well (to share this information): https://techwithjasmin.com/monitoring/cloudflare-how-to-fix-the-prtg-device-tree-not-loading/

Have a great day.

Created on Apr 25, 2022 5:49:30 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 25, 2022 5:50:42 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.