What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Scheduled Task Sensor (ScheduledTask2XML) no Access to locally running tasks

Votes:

I am using the ScheduledTask2XML custom sensor to monitor a couple schueduled task within our company network. So far everything is working mostly well.

Though I am not able to monitor a scheduled task that is located on the same computer (win server 2012) that PRTG is running. When I try to do this I get the following error shown inside the PRTG Webinterface:

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

What I don't understand is that I am able to "access" and monitor this exact same scheduled task form another PRTG instance running on my local computer using the exact same parameters and credentials in the following form:

-c="computerName" -t="pathToTask" -u="user" -p="password"

Could anybody give me a hint on what might be causing this, or is monitoring scheduled task that are located on the same machine as PRTG not supported by this custom sensor?

Greetings

Jakub

access-denied access-rights custom-script-exe custom-sensor prtg scheduled-task scheduledtask2xml

Created on Feb 28, 2018 3:21:32 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

PRTG Tools Family is separate from Paessler. Your best bet would be to contact their support for more information on how this particular sensor works.

Created on Mar 1, 2018 6:51:11 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Thank you for your reply. As you suggested I contated the PRTG Tools Family support and they were able to help me.

In case anybody else is running into this issue: -c="localhost" should solve it.

Created on Mar 1, 2018 1:19:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.