What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Large Logfiles in C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Syslog Database

Votes:

Hello,

I've set one sensor to "write results to disk" for debugging to check snmp traps. After solving the problem I've set it back to disabled. But the probe will not stop writing the data to disk. So every 2 weeks I've to clean the drive c:.

Any idea how to stop the writing of the debug information?

Sensortype: snmp PRTG Server and probe are on different servers.

Thanks in advance.

Mario

bug prtg-network-monitor snmp

Created on Apr 27, 2018 12:17:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

That's one of your Syslog Receiver Sensors collecting syslog messages. You either need to lower the retention in the sensors themselves or remove them if not needed anymore.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 27, 2018 12:24:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've just cloned the sensor and deleted the old one. Now the new one writes all the debugging information to disk. Thats not the solution. Sorry.

Created on Apr 27, 2018 12:35:46 PM

Votes:

Sorry, my fault. I corrected the entry in "keep messages for x days" from 180 to 10. I think, that was the mistake.

Sorry and have a nice weekend.

Created on Apr 27, 2018 12:37:40 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.