What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG User Activity Logs

Votes:

Hello,

We recently created and delivered multiple user accounts for our PRTG deployment to new NOC personnel. PRTG is installed on Windows 10 Pro on a seperate partition (Partition D). Where can I find a log regarding who logged in to the PRTG WebUI and when?

My PRTG version is: 18.1.38.11958

I could not find this directory. Maybe it moved?

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\Logs (Web Server)

Thank You,

M----------

help save-logs user

Created on May 1, 2018 6:11:19 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

hey,

the directory you are looking for should be

%ProgramData%\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Web Server)

lukas

Created on May 2, 2018 7:06:29 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no real logging to see which use logged in when and how often. However the following script allows you to check when the users have logged in the last time:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/73146-is-there-a-way-to-see-when-all-users-logged-in-the-last-time

Best regards.

Created on May 2, 2018 8:09:44 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks All, I tied the script but could not get it working.

Lukas, that directory works and allows me to scrape the logs manually. It is good enough for now.

Thanks!

This issue can be closed :)

M---------

Created on May 2, 2018 5:49:32 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.