What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitor HP Server with iLo4

Votes:

Hi,

I want to monitor HP server (HP DL380 G9 with iLO4 Advance), Add a device and Sensor ( SNMP HP ProLiant Physical Disk) in PRTG. but show the error in below.

Could not create the sensor SNMP HP ProLiant Physical Disk on device VM1-IPMI (172.168.1.100). #N-2003

Check the server have installed the HP Insight Management Agents and HP Insight Management WBEM Providers and ping status is correct.

So. I don't know which one config I need to modify??

hp ilo snmp-sensor

Created on May 8, 2018 8:34:08 AM

Last change on May 8, 2018 8:57:02 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Make sure the SNMP settings for the device in PRTG match the SNMP configuration of the iLO and also use the iLO's IP for the device in PRTG, otherwise it won't work.

FOr further testing if SNMP is working correctly, you can use our SNMP Tester:

• Start SNMP Tester on the the server that's monitoring the device (PRTG Server or Remote Probe)
  • Configure SNMP Tester to point to your device accordingly
  • Select option "Walk" on each of the following OIDs in order to run a scan:

If you need further help with this, contact us by email ([email protected]) and send us the output from SNMP Tester (you can save the result as text-file).

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on May 8, 2018 2:12:48 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.