What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hype-V network

Votes:

How can I add a sensor to monitor hyper-v network of each virtual machine how much using?

I am using windows 2016.

hyper-v sensor windows-2016

Created on Jun 4, 2018 5:17:18 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Flegy,

please add the Hypervisor as device object in PRTG, then create the according sensor. It requires the according credentials entered into the device settings (section Windows Credentials).

As alternative, you could use the Windows Network Card sensor directly on the virtualized devices if you add them the PRTG as well.

Created on Jun 5, 2018 3:31:02 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your answer. If I understand you correctly, I need access to virtual machine Linux or windows to be able to track network and cannot do it as host for each virtual? Because we don't have access to virtual machines, once we create it is on owner use.

Created on Jun 7, 2018 12:00:08 PM

Votes:

Dear Flegy,

you can either add the Hypervisor itself as device object in PRTG, and add the Hyper-V Virtual Network Adapter sensor.

Or you can add each virtual device as if it is a normal computer, and add an according traffic sensor.

Created on Jun 7, 2018 1:05:41 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.